02/09/2008 In Blog
Wow. Plenty of announcements:
- The final P Bear album entitled
Play This When I Am Gone“The End” is almostfinished! I’ve been secretly working on it since last October and I’m really excited to share it with everyone, but I’m afraid we’ll have to wait on that, as it is destined to be released widely (in stores and so forth) with the help of Portland’s HUSH Records (and, fear not, it will be mailed to Box Set buyers about a week in advance of the street date, as the capstone to the Box Set). The album consists of seven long tracks, and I have agreed to release only portions of these album tracks via the podcast, starting in May and working up to the release date June 10 (labels require a lot of lead time for promotion and stuff!)
- Complete P Bear albums are being sold at the new Polyfree Download Shop for only $5.59. (Mixed Bag, and Make-out Music to arrive soon)
- The Box Set price has been reduced to $29.99 given the reduced cost of mailing 9/10 CDs at once. (Thanks to all of the early supporters who paid a bit more. I have a surprise for you when the final CD goes out.) Those of you who have been holding out, now may be the time to buy as it will ensure that you will be one of the first to hear The End !
- The 9th Album, Make-out Music is on it’s way to box set buyers now.
- I will be working up to song #149 with originals as well as remixes. It’s a lot of work getting tracks and clearances for remixes. (You’ll notice many of the artists I remixed are available on HUSH Records–my official new pals–and I thank them for being easy to work with. Indeed, they have been kind enough to consult me on business stuff from the very early days!)
New songs soon.